Guiding Principles and Objectives
To promote responsible business practices and ethics among IPNAP member-companies;
- To provide infants and young children food products that are scientifically formulated, safe, nutritious, and of the highest quality;
- To disseminate up-to-date, factual and trustworthy information on infant and young child nutrition;
- To develop better public understanding of matters relating to the Industry;
- To be a key contributor in the development of appropriate regulations governing the Industry, and to ensure compliance therewith;
- To engage key stakeholders in achieving the IPNAP vision and mission; and
- To be an effective voice for the industry.
A targeted breastfeeding curriculum for residents in pediatrics, family medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology improves knowledge, practice patterns, and confidence in breastfeeding management in residents and increases exclusive breastfeeding in their patients. Implementation of this curriculum may similarly benefit other institutions.