- Balancing HIV protection with protection from other causes of child mortality
- Integrating HIV interventions into maternal and child health services.
- Setting national or subnational recommendations, based on evidence, for infant feeding in the context of HIV.
- Informing mothers known to be HIV infected about infant-feeding alternatives
- Supporting mothers known to be HIV infected who wish to breastfeed so that they can do so safely.
- Providing services to specifically support mothers to appropriately feed their infants.
- Avoiding harm to infant-feeding practices in the general population.
- Advising mothers who are HIV uninfected or whose HIV status is unknown.
- Investing in improvements in infant-feeding practices in the context of HIV
|Screenshot taken on 31 July 2011|
|Screenshot taken on 31 July 2011.|